Holding on to resentment and failing to forgive keeps you in spiritual bondage to the person who is hurting you.
I’ve learned over and over, when I correct my heart, no matter how the other person responds, it sets me free.
Below are my top 5 benefits of forgiveness:
1. Forgiveness paves the way for peace and freedom. When you harbor anger for someone in your heart, your thoughts and emotions are captured by that situation, keeping you trapped, spiritually, emotionally and mentally.
2. Forgiveness heals, it heals you and possibly the relationship. Sometimes people hurt us because they are experiencing pain and torment themselves. Forgiveness provides an opportunity for God to heal the situation.
3. When you forgive you are walking in obedience to God’s will, allowing him to use you as a testimony of His love and grace.
4. When you forgive, you escape resentments trap, freeing yourself, allowing you to move forward.
5. Forgive because you are forgiven. Has anyone forgiven you in the past? How did it impact you? God has forgiven you all your sins and he sets the model for you to follow. Forgive because He has forgiven. It will set you free!