Did you know there are over 95 million tweets happening daily?
Wondering why hashtags are important? Here’s what Twitter has to say about the general use of hashtags (#): "People use the hashtag symbol # before relevant keywords in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets to show more easily in Twitter Search. Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other Tweets in that category. Hashtags can occur anywhere in the Tweet. Hashtagged words that become very popular are often Trending Topics."
So…..in honor of all I’ve learned, I decided to share some of the best hashtags for authors and a few tips.
#book; #greatread; #mustread; #novel; #kindle; #kindlechat; #nook; #free; #freebie; #fridayreads; #story; #new; #writers
Genre specific: #YAlit; #YA; #fantasy #chicklit; #Histfic; #fiction; #ki
1. Join groups relevant to whatever you are doing on twitter, the more people retweeting your message, the more exposure you get!
2. Use facebook and twitter together. You can set up facebook so your posts tweet.
3. Use a twitter scheduling system such as buffer to schedule daily tweets as a time saving device.
4. Set up a retweet service such as Roundteam to automatically retweet targeted tweets.
5. Use your twitter handle in tweets so you are notified when you are retweeted! Mine is @makaiqueen.....but don't start a tweet with it or a hashtag.
6. Build up your followers, follow those who follow you, follow others in your groups or are following your friends, etc.
7. Make sure you include links to your product in your tweets so someone can click through to where you are hoping they will go and purchase your book or product!
8. Don’t forget to put down the electronic device and enjoy your life!